Yes my friends, I saw Larry the leucistic puffin today! Photos are on my big camera so I can't share them until I get home (they're not great anyway as he was a bit far away) but quite a few visitors saw him too. I went over first thing as he sems to be an early bird (sorry) and spotted him straight away. I'm saying "him"; I have no idea if it's male or female but I have to call it something. He was around the burrows for 15 minutes or so but the grass and bracken are very long so getting te camera to focus on something other
The short eared owl was also showing well today and lots of visitors were lucky enough to see it. I went over with a few other volunteers after bird log and we were allowed to go down a research path to see a chick on a nest. Sadly it was too far away for the zoom on my camera but I got a good look at it through binoculars.
Not many facebook photos tonight as we've had a busy day at the Wick and then helping with the boats. We did get a beautiful sunset though which was unexpected as it was chucking it down at 5pm! I never get tired of any sunset but they're more special on Skomer as only a hanful of people are seeing it at the same time.
Tomorrow might be the last day that we get visitors for a couple of days as they're forecasting a storm coming in on Thursday but we'll keep an eye on it. Hopefully it won't come to much.
Nos da pawb x
Sooo exciting... Love owls and larry a bonus
ReplyDelete