Saturday, 11 June 2022

Back to the Skomer Arms

First day on Skomer and we've been really lucky with the weather. 

This morning was a choppy trip over on the new boat, the Dale Queen. We were joined by several photographers who were shocked to discover they had to help load and unload the boat.

We got straight into the jobs and I went down to the Wick, before the first visitors arrived. Lots of puffins coming in with sand eels, which kept the photographers happy. 

After lunch it was boat duty. Uneventful to the point where the visitor officer left us to it and went to do some nest monitoring! 

I've barely seen any wildlife today - it's always a rush when you do Wick then boats. I'm on island patrol tomorrow morning so I'll be keeping my eyes peeled!

We're just off to watch the sunset at the Garland stone, also known as the Skomer Arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment