Friday, 10 June 2022

We're baaaaack!

After three years, it's time to head back to Skomer for another week of volunteering. 

Although, I seem to have forgotten how to plan for it, and am feeling very disorganised about it all. I almost took us to the wrong guest house (who knew there would be two with the same name within 30 minutes of each other?!), but we got there eventually. 

I had an idea of how the B&B would be when I rang and spoke to the owner. She sounded like Audrey Forbes-Hamilton  (Penelope Keith's character) in To the Manor Born. Sure enough, she's very posh, but she's lovely, and the house is indeed like miniature version of Downton. It's basically their own home, and they just let out a couple of the rooms. 

We're currently sat in  Coco's - a lovely little Bistro overlooking Dale harbour. 

The boat is due to go tomorrow, but probably no day visitors, as apparently the swell is considerable (although it looks pretty calm from here). So, if all goes to plan, I'll be heading over on the 9am boat. 

Updates will be signal-dependent, as usual, but I'll post on Facebook when there are updates. Photos might have to live on Facebook - we'll see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment