Sunday, 7 July 2019

First proper day with the puffins

It's been a good day for spotting things today. I was on island patrol this morning and saw a short eared owl straight off. It was shouting at me for being in its territory. I've also seen a wheatear (male), a linnet (male), three choughs and a couple of seals. Lots of wrens singing away, too. I got some photos of the wheatear and the linnet but they're on my big camera.

This afternoon was spent at the Wick, one of the main puffin colonies. Everyone was very well behaved and I had lots of nice chats with visitors. There were a couple of pufflings popping in and out of their burrows too; they'll probably fly the nest in the next day or so.

Photos on Facebook are mostly coastline and puffins. Also the progress of my farmer tan.

Short blog tonight as I'm not feeling 100% - it's been another long day in the sun so it's an early night for me

No comments:

Post a Comment