Hi-di-hi campers
The boat for Skomer leaves at 9am so we're back at West Hook campsite tonight to get my stuff down to the jetty (i.e. a narrow strip of concrete running sharply down to the boat) early in the morning.
Word has it that people have been arriving at the lodge from 5am to be in with a chance of getting on one of the visitor boats to Skomer!!! It's first come first served for boats, and there are only 250 per day. The first boat doesn't even leave until 10am! Bloody members of the public... If that's true it'll make it even more difficult to get the van near the beach as they have to wait on the road until the lodge opens. Anyway, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
It's been glorious today so we had a short walk along the coast path after we arrived. We were lucky enough to get the last bus into Marloes earlier, to eat in the pub, but we had to walk the couple of miles back. It was lovely walking back with the sun still shining at 9pm, and we arrived back at the van just in time to see the sun set over the sea. I make no apology for going on about the sunsets here; they're just fabulous.
I don't think I'm going to be able to post photos again - the signal just isn't strong enough to upload them so you'll have to wait until I'm home and I'll post some then. Soz ☹️
No comments:
Post a Comment