Christ, it's been hot today. This morning I was on boat duty, which meant getting all the stuff from the overnight guests onto the boat and all the stuff for the new overnight guests up the steps to the tractor. I then had to stand around for three hours while the visitor boats came in and we got everyone up the steps each time.
After boats it was back to the farm for lunch. I was so hot I soaked my hat in cold water before putting it back on to go out again. Lush
I was on island patrol this afternoon - not much to report. Everyone was very well behaved today, but it's a long walk. I went all around the outside of the island, so about 4 miles. Plus a couple extra down to North Haven and back, twice.
We went out to watch the sunset again tonight. Not spectacular but the puffins were so curious and came right up to us. They were particularly interested in the bottle of gin
No comments:
Post a Comment