The first day on Skomer is always tiring as you're up early and then you have to load everything into the boat. There was a large photography group coming over, too and even though they're only here for three days they've brought enough door for a week! There was also some extra water to take for the island and some new beds so it was a pretty strenuous morning.
After putting our stuff away I headed down to the Wick for an hour or so, until the shift change, then back to the farm for a quick lunch before going down to help get visitors back on the boats. I think I've been up and down those steps about six times today.
Today's visitors were all lovely and had all had a great time. No complaints, no issues, and there was even a marriage proposal an one of the boats going back!
I'm so tired this evening, I can barely keep my eyes open. I'm still waiting for my tea to cook though - it can take a while when six people are trying to use on four ring cooker and an oven.
Not much time for photos today as we haven't stopped. I'll do better in the week.
Nos da
No comments:
Post a Comment